Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Real Reason I Love Alex






OK, you know how much I love this man, as my regular visitors all do. He is so handsome and funny and talented. My good friend Moonie aka Marie found this link for me and it was just what I was looking for. Moonie, if you are reading this, job well done, listen to this.......THUD!!! You did it girlfriend!
I copied and pasted from this woman's original blog about her autistic daughter's encounter with this wonderful warm hearted man. He deserves all to accolades this world has to offer him. We may joke about all the physical attributes that Alex possesses but this is where if really counts. I have read other accounts of his attentiveness and openness. I pray that he never loses these qualities and I doubt that he ever will. God Bless this man and God blessed us the opportunity to love him. I have included the pictures of the actual encounter. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy doesn't it?
The other two pictures are from other public appearances. He is always open, warm and friendly to the adoring fans but still can't figure out what all the fuss is about. Obviously, he hasn't looked in a mirror!!!
This is the real reason I love this man!




As soon as that bit of hoorah died down, as we were actually walking toward the door to leave the auditorium, Anthony Timpone came on the mic and announced that the panel for ‘Moonlight’ would be on shortly. Oh boy. How could we leave when Nella’s newest heartthrob, Mick, was going to be on stage???
This time she whole heartily agreed to sit down and listen. Let me tell ya, this was the most well behaved she’d been all day! And, when they came on stage, I was actually quite glad we stayed. They were the last panel for the convention and I was pretty worn out. So, had Nella not been so insistent to see her Mick, I’d probably have skipped it. Well, the group consisted of Alex O’Loughlin, Sophia Myles and Jason Dohring ~ the three main players on the show. Now, she sat pretty damn still, but I did have to keep her from charging the stage again! And, this time she knew all too well what she was doing ~ she wanted to be near Mick! And, dammit if my kid doesn’t have some great taste! But, to pacify her, I promised that when they were done, she could go up and say hi to him. And, when I could tell they were wrapping up, I walked us up near the stage and let her go the second they ended it.

Now, this is where it gets really cool. She ran up to the stage and just at that moment Alex turned around and saw her. He turned, smiled and said “Well, hello there”. You should have seen her ~ eyes all big and adoring! I quickly explained that she really loves the show and had wanted to say hi. Well, that was a wrap! Hearing this he held out his hand to her and pulled her on stage! She immediately held open her arms to hug him and then leaned in for a kiss! He seemed so genuinely pleased to have one so little so completely in awe of him that he happily hugged and kissed her right back! Of course, I was so shocked by it all that I didn’t have the stupid phone out! SO, he patiently waited so that I could get a picture of them together. Want a man, what a man, what a man! I should also add that Mr. O’Loughlin had been working on the show til 8:30 that morning ~ this was 6:30pm ~ so the man had had no sleep. But, what really killed me was that he was going to hang out with her LONGER, but she turned and walked away! He was crouched there with this huge grin, saying “What? That’s it? Where you going?”. I mean, out of all the really cool experiences we’d had, after all the really cool people we’d met ~ here he was, so pressed for time, yet pretty much said “fuck it all” and was gonna MAKE time for her! You just can’t get any cooler than that! So, as she was walking away I just shrugged and said “Eh, she’s fickle”. To that he smiled at me and said “She’s really cool is what she is! She is really cool”.

And, I’d be remiss if I didn’t also add how we nearly incited a riot amongst the women in the audience who also wanted a hug from the hunky star! It really was too funny ~ the handlers were trying to get them off stage and to the backstage area for the *paid* photos and hugs, and by holding him up, that held everybody up! It was utter chaos! All the fans from the audience kind of rushed the stage and the actors just went with it. Really, it was kinda cool to see how much they enjoyed the fans and didn’t really care about the business end of it all.

After Nella was done with her moment, Sophia Myles was suddenly in front of us having her photo taken. On a personal note here, I wanna be friends with her just so she’ll show me how to pose for pictures like that! The girl was ON. But, when she’d first walked out on stage I was really taken with her dress and yelled out to her that it was just gorgeous. Well, this super-cool chick stopped what she was doing to give me the designer’s name. She said to me “Check out her stuff. She’s really, really good and her cuts are perfect for women with, uh, real figures!”. Ya know, I loved her as the trampy-bitch in ‘Underworld’, love her as Beth on ‘Moonlight’, now would also like to hang out with the woman in real life! Hey Sophia, I’m new to town and could use a new bff! Ya know, I’m just sayin’......

But, in all seriousness ~ Alex, if you ever read this, know that you now have a life long fan! I really can’t begin to tell you how much the attention you paid my kid means to me! She’s so special, but also tends to be quite lonely. She really does spend so much of her daily life up in her own head and not in the world. So, making her the center of your attention the way that you did not only brought her out, but bolstered her confidence in ways that I just can’t articulate. And, that pretty much makes you a real life super hero in my book!

Well, it’s late and I should wrap this up. All in all, she had her picture taken with Alex O’Loughlin, Joe Pilato, John Gulager (Director of ‘Feast’ ~ who was really pressed for time, but was more than happy to pose for the pic and talk to her) and The Ice Cream Man from ‘Phantasm’, Reggie bannister (who also just gushed over her and was as cool as I remember him being from back in the day!)!!!! Such a cool, cool day that I will be kind of high over for weeks!

No comments: